Recognising the dignity of each of our residents, we strive to listen to their ideas and their aspirations, harness their creativity and encourage meaningful participating in decision-making by all.
A Person Centred Approach to our care delivery and service means that all our residents and their relatives are involved in the care planning process from admission onwards and their consultation continues at all levels and at all times. The following strategies ensure that this is the case:
- Residents are actively encouraged by staff to voice their opinions on their care and to state their preferences on a day-to-day basis to Care and Nursing staff. Our Head Chef is happy to have feedback with regards to dietary requirements and comments on quality of food and food service delivery. All residents' preferences are recorded in their care profile.
- Residents are invited and encouraged to participate in Residents' Discussion Groups, which are held every four weeks.
- Residents and their relatives are invited to participate in reviews after admission. Residents and the relatives are further invited to feedback directly and to take part in satisfaction surveys.
- A six monthly in-house review is held for each of our residents and an annual review is organised by the reviewing officer.
Recognising the importance of the participation of our residents and their relatives in the daily life of Applecross Nursing Home, the following strategies are offered to enhance the daily experience of all:
- Our residents and their relatives are invited and encouraged to be involved in all activities provided in the home and all of their own suggestions and ideas are explored by the Activities Team, residents, staff and relatives. For more information on the types of activities and the kind of social life that our residents experience, click here.
- Residents and their relatives are invited and encouraged to provide articles and interviews for the homes Newsletter and will each receive a copy of the newsletter on a monthly basis as well as a yearly review article.
Recognising the value of independence and the inherent dignity of each of our residents, Applecross Nursing Home has an open-door policy with regards to relatives and friends visiting and we strive to support our residents who wish to go outside the home to follow their own hobbies and pursuits.
Contact Applecross Nursing Home today
For more information on our vision, mission and values at Applecross Nursing Home, do not delay and get in touch with one of our proactive and friendly members of staff today via the online enquiry form.